Double Houzz award recipient Aardweg Landscaping recently completed another noteworthy landscape design project including an outdoor kitchen and living area project with hardscaping and landscaping. Working with a great client, we evaluated a number of successful solutions and integrated it all to create a design the client loved.
This project followed the traditional landscaping design process including the 1) creation of a landscape design plan, 2) demolition and site preparation, and 3) light grading and irrigation installation; all followed by the final hardscaping and landscaping install. Working methodically through each phase of the project, we were able to optimize all of the backyard outdoor kitchen design ideas this Main Line Philadelphia homeowner was looking for. The final project included the following:
- Patio and walls covered with Travertine pavers on all surfaces including the pool surround
- Outdoor kitchen featuring a grill area with a top-of-the-line Lynx grill and Sub Zero fridge
- Custom built pergola and trellis for roses
- Garden areas with landscaping throughout the project
Here are some before and after outdoor kitchen and patio renovation pictures for you to enjoy:
Aardweg Landscaping is a double Houzz award recipient. In 2015 Aardweg Landscaping of Newtown Square, PA received both the “Best Of Houzz” 2015 award for Customer Satisfaction by Houzz, and the exclusive “Recommended” badge for top rated professionals on Houzz.
Planning a backyard outdoor kitchen and patio renovation on the Main Line or in the Philadelphia / Tri-State PA, NJ, DE area?
How about you, are you contemplating the design and installation of an outdoor kitchen renovation? Few home upgrades add popularity and value to your home while enhancing your love for entertaining family and friends like an outdoor kitchen. Whether that venue consists of a simple barbecue grill on which to make those juicy steaks or the classic outdoor culinary setting, the image of warmth, hospitality, laughter and fantastic food in a beautiful natural setting is a consistent theme.
- Determine the function and use patterns – Knowing what you need and want in an outdoor kitchen is key. Some homeowners are perfectly satisfied with a grill and small refrigerator in addition to their eating area, while others, who entertain numerous guests on a regular basis, might require a larger serving area and extra counter space as well as a more fully functional food preparation zone.
- Plan ahead to include all of the important details – Some of the greatest backyard kitchen design ideas have actually come after the completion of the project, when people have their wistful “I wish I had thought of this” moments. Some of these insightful nuggets might include choosing a paving material which is resistant to stains and grease buildup, going with lighter colored counter-tops which reflect rather than absorb the sun’s heat like dark colors do, not skimping on the grill quality or sink size, and maximizing the lighting for both the cooking and dining spaces. Each of these is a fairly affordable outdoor kitchen design idea option, add it to your wishlist for now!
It’s true – looking at backyard kitchen design ideas can really get the creative juices flowing in regards to the possibilities for having your very own outdoor entertaining and dining experience. Is it time to start on front yard landscaping design and installation? Your local landscaping professional, Aardweg Landscaping, can help you make this dream a reality!